We are excited to be supporting a growing, family run business in their efforts to appoint a full time Assistant Accountant. This is a progressive appointment for the business and the successful applicant will report directly to the Head of Finance
Main duties include:
- Supporting the Finance team in preparation of monthly management accounts and closure of financial ledgers
- Process the monthly payroll for the Group and submit to Head of Finance and the Directors for approval
- Assisting with the preparation and calculation of the monthly accruals and prepayments
- Manage the Accounts Assistants to develop finance policies and procedures, ensuring that these are being consistently followed – including supplier contracts, purchase orders, ensuring timely invoicing by suppliers
- Maintaining accounts records and preparing accounts information
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Ensure business expenditure has received the appropriate internal authorisations prior to payment
- Maintaining an orderly accounting system
- Ensuring the accounts payables are paid in a timely fashion and that all potential discounts are taken
- Preparing supplier payments for Director approval
- Reconciliation of periodic bank statements
- Continually apply and review internal controls to prevent and detect fraud are maximised
The ideal candidate will have strong Excel skills and enjoy process improvement.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity then please contact Angie at Atkinson Moss.