We are delighted to be working with a highly reputable organisation based on the outskirts of Norwich by supporting their search for a new Commercial Finance Manager. The role will support the wider finance team and key stakeholders within the organisation, key duties will include:
Provide an overview and insight into the sales performance and profitability of the business
- Deliver insight and commentary into past and future RoB trading performance at a customer/technology/product family level, against all relevant comparatives
- Able to effectively explain performance to a wide audience, with the ability to pick out the key message
- Able to interpret key margin metrics and make strategic recommendations to drive the profitability of our RoB business.
- Business partner closely with Operations Finance to develop a strong understanding of the capability and capacities of the production lines. Use this insight to challenge costing assumptions and product scope briefs to maximise profitability.
- Have a complete understanding of the cost make up of products/technologies and levers we can pull to improve profitability.
- Undertake cost to serve analysis across customers and make recommendations to remove inefficiencies and drive profitability.
- Be the key finance point of contact within the ROB tender process to ensure responses to tenders are robust and meet deadlines. Act as the point of contact and financial gatekeeper to ensure robust challenge is provided and customer pricing is aligned with strategy.
- Staying up to date on current events in the FMCG market e.g. Retailer & competitor awareness, store visits
- Work closely with the Head of Procurement to ensure that anticipated commodity oncosts are captured in our tender costing with appropriate contract wording on multi year agreements
- Responsibility for the International and RoB month end close being delivered on time with no surprises.
- Review and provide an explanation for any variances to budget, prior year or forecast.
- Responsible for the International commercial balance sheet and ensuring monthly commentary and no surprises.
- Work with the Head of International to maintain a robust list of Risk & Opps and track delivery against our monthly forecast.
- Support the Head of International with understanding around key variances vs Budget, previous forecast and prior year.
- Track RoB Marketing spend and ensure customer sku changes are in line with contractual agreements and over spends are recovered from Retailers
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance with inputs to the top down RoB projections.
- Work with the Head of International on the individual account plans.
- Monitor bottom up load by the Sales Team and ensure it stays within projections
- Ensure the Sales Team upload in Cognos is financially robust
- Ensure any RoB tenders are captured in line with briefs and are aligned to the capital plan.
- Ability to access and manipulate data quickly and efficiently out of systems to drive the right conversations.
- Bring a value add mentality around system and process to facilitate a program of continuous improvement with the Commercial Finance Team.
The ideal candidate will be commercially minded with experience in a finance role. Preferably ACCA/CIMA qualified. Strong IT skills including Excel