An exciting opportunity to join my industry-leading client in their offices in the heart of Norwich city centre as their Internal Communications Lead.
You will deliver engaging, connected, and multi-channel internal communications. Working with all levels of the business and be a critical stakeholder in ensuring that everything they do is clearly communicated and understood by all in the business and operating companies. The successful candidate will be capable of translating core business objectives into internal communications activity through all internal communication channels.
• Developing, in consultation with senior business leaders and representative stakeholders from across the business and operating companies, an internal communication engagement strategy with open 2-way dialogue and transparency.
• Supporting the delivery of the internal communications plan to maintain and improve employee communications in line with our corporate objectives.
• Developing approach, messaging, and interconnections between content strands including corporate strategy (roadmap); Change programmes; Business performance; People; Operations; Growth; Functional backbone.
• Defining, planning, editing, and producing content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or email bulletins, webinars, townhall meetings, surveys.
• Working with colleagues from across the business in preparing content and features.
• Developing, writing, and delivering persuasive copy for all the content you produce.
• Sub-editing messages or scripts from senior executives for presentations to employees in written or spoken form.
• Reviewing, updating, and publishing stories across various internal communication channels.
• Ensuring internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments and strands of the organisation.
• Ensuring organisational initiatives and project strands are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
• Storyboarding or translating new ideas to the Head of marketing communications.
• Responding to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
• Handling the internal communication response to crisis situations that affect organisational perception and reputation.
• Advising the head of marketing communications of developments throughout the organisation, either face-to-face or through regular written communication.
• Managing a busy workload through effective project management; collaboratively prioritise and navigate conflicting demands.
• Managing the annual internal communication budget with the head of marketing communications.
• Building and developing internal alliances/relationships with staff across our operating companies to achieve our mission.
• Carrying out research to understand our internal audiences and the impact that communications could have.
• Reporting on communications success and making recommendations for improvement.
• Organising internal events, such as our leaders’ days.
• Excellent general education
• Degree, diploma or qualification in marketing/internal communications/journalism and/or proven relevant experience
• Minimum of five years of internal communications experience with a proven track record of achievement and delivery.
• Working in a large organisation, developing and managing internal communication activities, plans, and marketing material.
• General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
• Creativity, with a flair for storytelling, copywriting, an eye for design, and the willingness to take a hands-on approach alongside creative specialists to deliver best in class content.
• Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and visual.
• Strong listening skills and an ability to tailor communications appropriately for a variety of different audiences.
• An understanding of digital channels, including CMS, digital platforms, and intranets.
• The ability to network and influence at all levels, and to build and maintain productive
• Strong project management skills with demonstrable experience of successfully managing change programmes with multiple stakeholders.
• An ability to analyse complex information, simplify stakeholder requirements, and communicate it effectively to a range of audiences.
• Comfortable commissioning channel-specific content in multiple formats, tailoring information according to audience needs, and using insight and analytics to optimise.
• Experience of making decisions by assessing user research.
• Analytical mindset with a creative, innovative approach to problem-solving.
• Excellent organisational skills with real attention to deadlines and detail, very high-quality standards, and principles when it comes to brand integrity and acting against insights.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate others and build effective and trusting partnerships across organisations.
• Strong presentation, negotiation and communication skills
• Budget management, assessing the financial needs of an organisation and implementing budget processes.
Please apply online or get in touch with Laura at Atkinson Moss to discuss your application further.