We are delighted to be working with a fantastic Great Yarmouth based business as they look appoint a part-time Management Accountant. The Management Accountant will be accountable for the preparation of the company’s management accounts and for assisting with the delivery of the company’s financial systems and controls.
Working between 25 – 30 hours and reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyse and report on key financial data within the organisation ensuring that managers receive timely, accurate and relevant information.
- Produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis.
- Develop and control a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences.
- Perform month end for accounts payable, VAT, fixed assets, intercompany and general ledger in the finance system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT return for HMRC and any other statutory bodies.
- Hold monthly meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required.
- Monitor the company’s cash flow and ensure that all suppliers are correctly paid.
- Working capital/ balance sheet management.
This appointment is seen as a crucial part of the finance team structure and team fit will be essential. Alongside proficiency in the skills listed, the successful applicant will also meet the following personal criteria:
- Fully qualified or passed finalist with of one of the professional accountancy bodies. (Qualified through experience also considered)
- Experience of working in management accounting role with exposure to stakeholders.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge to international reporting standards.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A self-starter with ability to work with direction but no supervision.
- Strong analytical abilities.
If you would like to know more about this vacancy (including working patterns) then please do not hesitate to contact Graham at Atkinson Moss.